In addition to complying with any applicable laws and regulations, you and your agents must take immediate action to contain the incident, notify payment system partners and investigate the incident, which may include retaining an independent PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI).
In the event of a data breach, respond quickly.
Follow these steps if you believe you’ve been compromised
Visa response team
Visa has two support groups to help you respond to a payment card breach.
Visa Fraud Investigations
- Works to obtain all potentially compromised account numbers
- Shares at risk account information with issuers
- Works with the appropriate law enforcement on your behalf
- Facilitates a timely forensic investigation
Data Security Team
- Provides guidelines to assist your response to the incident
- Makes sure you take action to minimize future risk to account information
Find more information on protecting your business
Minimizing Payment Risks for Merchants Using Integrators/Resellers
Cybercriminals Targeting Point of Sale Integrators
Effectively Managing Data Breaches
5 Important Visa Rules That Every Merchant Should Know
Identifying and Mitigating Threats to E-commerce Payment Processing
You may also be interested in
Merchants + small business
Learn more about how accepting Visa cards can help you grow your business.
Tap into a new breed of merchants who represent a rapidly growing opportunity in mPOS.